Book:Kiss of a Demon King



Kelsey Cole
Romance
Pocket Books / 2009
Mass Market / 432 pages
Immortals After Dark, Book 7

HIS OBSESSION...

Sabine, Sorceress of Illusions: the evil beauty who surrenders her body, but not her heart.

HER DOWNFALL...

Rydstrom Woede: the ruthless warrior who vows to keep her at all costs.

THEY WERE NEVER SUPPOSED TO WANT EACH OTHER THIS MUCH...
With each smoldering encounter, their shared hunger only increases. If they can defeat the sinister enemy that stands between them, will Sabine make the ultimate sacrifice for her demon? Or will the proud king lay down his crown and arms to save his sorceress?


I picked this book up because It looked really cool and it was on sell

What I liked the Most? The world building

What I liked the Least? What's up with these series book not having ANYTHING on them about being part of a series? It is sooooo freaking distracting to get into a book only to realize that you missed about 200% of the story line because you don't know what's going on.

Review:I really, really wanted to like this book.

Now don't get me wrong - I love a good steamy sex scene with lots of tension and I'm not afraid of kinky sex - this book just didn't hold my interest. There was just too much tension, and I didn't really think that was possible, but the story line gets bogged down with it. I really didn't get why these two characters like each other. Unless you count being "fated" for each other. Now I know opposites can attract and when done well, it can be hot, but this book tries to force "hot" with too many sex scenes and fantasies. I think the possibility of Rydstrom and Sabine should have been great romance - there's this lost king wanting to save his people and win back his kingdom and this snarky queen who is totally wrapped up in herself and her sister not caring about right or wrong as long as she survives and survives well. This book could have been so much better. They could have taught each other a lot.

In the end, it just didn't work for me and I really wanted it to. Now that being said - I might go back and pick up the rest of the series start at the beginning and see where that takes me. Maybe reading everything in order will change my mind about this book.

Recommended to: Someone who has read the freaking series

Best Quote:"Gods give me anything but a good man's pity"

Challenges: 100+, August, Para 999

No comments :

Post a Comment