Book:A Lick Of Frost

Laurell K Hamilton
Fantasy
Random House Publishing Group / October 2007
Hard Back / 288 pages
Series: Meredith Gentry Series, #6

I am Meredith Gentry, princess and heir apparent to the throne in the realm of faerie, onetime private investigator in the mortal world. To be crowned queen, I must first continue the royal bloodline and give birth to an heir of my own. If I fail, my aunt, Queen Andais, will be free to do what she most desires: install her twisted son, Cel, as monarch . . . and kill me.

My royal guards surround me, and my best loved–my Darkness and my Killing Frost–are always beside me, sworn to protect and make love to me. But still the threat grows greater. For despite all my carnal efforts, I remain childless, while the machinations of my sinister, sadistic Queen and her confederates remain tireless. So my bodyguards and I have slipped back into Los Angeles, hoping to outrun the gathering shadows of court intrigue. But even exile isn’t enough to escape the grasp of those with dark designs.

Now King Taranis, powerful and vainglorious ruler of faerie’s Seelie Court, has leveled accusations against my noble guards of a heinous crime–and has gone so far as to ask the mortal authorities to prosecute. If he succeeds, my men face extradition to faerie and the hideous penalties that await them there. But I know that Taranis’s charges are baseless, and I sense that his true target is me. He tried to kill me when I was a child. Now I fear his intentions are far more terrifying.


I picked this book up because Series

What I liked the Most? She did it

What I liked the Least? Really, you just had to take HIM away didn't you.

Review: Just when I was ready to give up on the Merry series, Hamilton out does herself with this 'A Lick of Frost!' I have been a little apprehensive about reading this book because the last two books just didn't seem to move the story forward as much as I would have liked, but this book is the one that makes you go, "YES! this is why I'm reading her books!" It's full of unexpected twists and turns that actually really propel the story forward.

Recommended to: Fans of the series - You really don't stand a chance unless you have read the other books

Best Quote: "I've negotiated for pleasure tonight, Rhys"

Challenges: 100+, Summer Reading

No comments :

Post a Comment