Book: Hot Six



Janet Evanovich
Fiction
St. Martin's Press / 2001
Mass Market / 352 Pages
Series: Stephanie Plum #6

Bounty hunter Stephanie Plum is faced with her most daunting task yet: bring in the mysterious former Special Forces agent Carlos Manoso (aka Ranger). He's the man who taught her everything about fugitive apprehension, and Stephanie knows she will be testing her skills against the master. But even if she does catch him, she's not so sure she could turn in her friend-even if he is wanted for murder...


And if this isn't enough to keep her up at night, Grandma Mazur is crimping her sex life by moving in with her and keeping her from getting any action from her cop boyfriend, Joe Morelli. Now, with her love life messing with her head, two threatening goons on her tail, and three corpses-so far-it's getting a little too hot for Stephanie whose search for Ranger is bringing her dangerously close to the wrong side of the law...


I picked this book up because Challenge/series

What I liked the Most? Grandma Mazur - she is still a rocking character

What I liked the Least? Morelli's jealousy - it's fake

Review: I was slightly disappointed, maybe it's just my hormones talking, but I would have liked it if Stephanie had had more "screen time" with Ranger. Joe is a nice guy (sweet, considerate and all that) but there's something about the mysteriousness of Ranger that appeals to me. So that may be the only reason this book didn't seem great to me. Sure, the whole deal with the Ramos family was interesting as were her other FTA's but it just wasn't as involved as the others. This book seemed to be lacking

Recommended to: Fans of the series

Best Quote:"If she wasn't your grandmother I'd shoot her."

Challenges: 100+, Stephanie Plum

No comments :

Post a Comment