Movie:Alice In Wonderland


Directed by Tim Burton.

Actors Mia Wasikowska, Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter, Anne Hathaway

MPAA rating: PG

Running time: 108 min

Tagline: You've got a very important date

Tim Burton takes a stab at Lewis Carroll's timeless tale of a young girl (Mia Wasikowska) lost within a fantasyland with this 3-D production of Alice in Wonderland. The Lion King's Linda Woolverton provides the script, with Hollywood heavyweights Richard Zanuck and Joe Roth heading up the production team. Burton veteran collaborator Johnny Depp co-stars as The Mad Hatter in the Walt Disney Productions picture.


I picked this movie because really do you have to ask Johnny Depp

What I liked the Most? Toss up - I wanna say Johnny Depp, but wow Helena Bonham Carter as the Red Queen - sheer genius. They brought to life their characters with truly twisted glee.

What I liked the Least? Alice - I thought she was stiff and unappealing and extremely confused through out the whole dang movie.

Review: This may be the most fantastic, wondrous, and sinister realization of Alice's wonderland to date. I loved every minute of this movie.

Okay wow - I don't get some of the reviews that are out there
  • "I saw it coming" - Hey moron, really now, read the book did you.
  • "soulless and unappealing" - Holy cow, I really don't know what movie you saw because I was at a very appealing movie.
  • "Buried beneath this mainstream psychedelia is the tired, well-worn framework of your typical Hollywood fantasy movie" - Absolutely true, but I dare you to find ANY fantasy movie that doesn't have a hero/ine trying to destroy that ultimate evil in order to find their way home.

I think the reason this movie got some negative reviews, is because the people who watched it were not insane enough. You must be creative and insane to understand Alice in Wonderland. And I am insane, but like Alice's daddy told her "All the best people are (insane)".

Recommended to: Everyone

Best Quote: "There is a place. Like no place on Earth. A land full of wonder, mystery, and danger! Some say to survive it: You need to be as mad as a hatter. Which luckily I am." ~ The Mad Hatter

No comments :

Post a Comment