Movie: How To Train Your Dragon




Directed by Dean DeBlois & Chris Sanders

Actors Jay Baruchel, Gerard Butler, Craig Ferguson, America Ferrera

MPAA rating: PG

Running time: 98mins

Tagline: "Everything we know about you guys is wrong."

Long ago up North on the Island of Berk, the young Viking, Hiccup, wants to join his town's fight against the dragons that continually raid their town. However, his macho father and village leader, Stoik the Vast, will not allow his small, clumsy, but inventive son to do so. Regardless, Hiccup ventures out into battle and downs a mysterious Night Fury dragon with his invention, but can't bring himself to kill it. Instead, Hiccup and the dragon, whom he dubs Toothless, begin a friendship that would open up both their worlds as the observant boy learns that his people have misjudged the species. But even as the two each take flight in their own way, they find that they must fight the destructive ignorance plaguing their world.


I picked this movie because Lucas picked it

What I liked the Most? The whole movie, I was truly blown away.

What I liked the Least? As far as annoying yuckty yuck - nothing, but the boat scene broke my heart.

Review:By now I'm sure my readers know that I go to movies to be entertained - no matter what the movie & no matter who picked it. But this movie (which my 4year old nephew picked out BTW) is truly a touching, heart wrenching, madly moving story about everything from Fear to War to Friendship to Prejudices to Love to Loss. It is a not to be missed adventure of the heart. It is an animated feast for the eyes - from the jaw-dropping 3D visuals to the perfection of all of the characters. This film doesn't disappoint.

I enjoyed the whole movie, from the start of Hiccup being stuck in the Blacksmith hut to Dragon Training Cheating to Fearless Flying. I was truly mesmorized by this movie and can't wait to see it again.

Recommended to: All the children out there - both old & young.

Best Quote: "Thank you for the breast-hat." ~ Hiccup This line cracked me up.

No comments :

Post a Comment