Book: Frostbitten






Kelley Armstrong
Paranormal
Orbit / 2009
Hardback / 339 Pages
Series Women of the Otherworld 10



After years of struggle, Elena Michaels (journalist, investigator, werewolf) has finally come to terms with her strange fate, and learned how to control her wild side.

At least, that’s what she believes when she sets off to Alaska with her partner Clay. A series of gruesome maulings and murders outside Anchorage seem to implicate a rogue band of werewolves. But the truth is far more complicated. Trapped in a frozen, unforgiving terrain, they are forced to confront a deadly secret, and their own, untamed nature…


I picked this book up because part of the series



What I liked the Most? I love Elena’s development as a character



What I liked the Least? Not anything particular for this book



Review: I was able to get into Frostbitten easily as I love the easy going style of writing - this is a very well written story and fairly past-paced, with quite a bit of action – but I am warning you this book deals heavily with the issue of rape and abuse – there is an attempted rape and an extremely brutal discussion of the abuse Elena suffered at the hands of her adopted/foster parents. If that is not something you wish to read about you have been warned.

Fans of the series know that Elena is an extremely complex protagonist with beau comp history. And for the first time in this series I enjoyed reading about Clay – in earlier books I was much less than taken with Elena's mate because he made Elena a werewolf by biting her without her consent years before. I didn't want Elena to forgive him. Yet through the course of the different books, I have warmed to him, and I do like this development in their relationship – can Clay follow Elena's lead?

The plot line I was most intrigued with is the werewolf heritage and the ancient creatures coming out of the Alaskan wilderness, but must say I enjoyed reading about the twins. They seem to be perfectly balanced and mostly happy kids (except when mommy & daddy are away).

Recommended to: This is an enjoyable read – if you are a fan of Kelley Armstrong’s Women of the Otherworld series



Best Quote: "Total control? A submissive wife means you don't get to win control anymore. No more chases. No more fights. Not much fun in dominance games if you're the winner by default."

No comments :

Post a Comment