Book: The Reckoning






Kelley Armstrong
Young Adult
Orbit / 2010
Trade / 391 Pages
Series Darkest Powers 3



Only two weeks ago, life was all too predictable. But that was before I saw my first ghost. Now, along with my supernatural friends Tori, Derek, and Simon, I’m on the run from the Edison Group, which genetically altered us as part of their sinister experiment. We’re hiding in a safe house that might not be as safe as it seems. We’ll be gone soon anyway, back to rescue those we’d left behind and to take out the Edison Group . . . or so we hope.


I picked this book up because Series



What I liked the Most? The Demi-Demon – LOVED THIS CHARACTER



What I liked the Least? The betrayal



Review: In this the third volume of the series, Chloe is beginning to control her ability to raise the dead. I loved the whole idea of a psychiatric ward for teens being a front for kids with supernatural powers. Over the course of the series, Chloe has gradually become more comfortable with her necromancy skills, scary as they are. The ending was satisfying, action packed, and closed a lot of plot lines, but throughout this third book, several clues were dropped that perhaps this won't be the last book in the series. I really hope not – I loved this series!!!



Recommended to: Fans of the series



Best Quote:“You can raise the dead. If she admits that, then she has to admit you’re a better necromancer than she is.” ~ sums up so much of what is wrong with the world.

No comments :

Post a Comment