Book: Charmed & Ready

Candace Havens

Paranormal Chick Lit
Penguin Group / 2006
Paperback / 256 Pages
Series Bronwyn the Witch 2

Monday, 5 p.m.--Greenwich mean time
Bournemouth, England
Spells: 2
Sexy rock start: 1
Jealous boyfriends not returning my calls: 1

After spending most of my life single (for witches, it's practically an occupational hazard), I finally found someone to love. Okay, so then he got killed, but he's recuperating nicely. And I should be home nursing him--maybe just a little bit naughtily--back to health.
But no. The British prime minister asked if I could look after this rock star buddy of his, Zane. Creepy goth guys in cloaks keep showing up at his concerts and zapping his mojo. Hmm, smells like teen warlock to me. Anyway, I owe the PM, and Zane is fun, too--I mean, what girl wouldn't want to hang with the hottest man in music?
Look, everyone has vices. Right now, I'd like to indulge in one of mine and blow some people up so I can get back to my sweetie in Texas. But if these caped dudes don't show themselves before another paparazzi shot of Zane and me hits the tabloids, I may not have a boyfriend to go home to...


I picked this book up because Series

What I liked the Most? Zane is freaking hilarious

What I liked the Least? The bouncing story line

Review: Well hell – if she explained why she does the annoying journal entries in the first book I missed it, but it’s so if she ever gets taken down someone will know the last status of her life. Duh, makes sense to me.

Now I’m not saying that these are the best books ever written, but I love them. I love the fun, sunshine and the over the top optimism, but when combined with danger, possesion and death. Will she live? Will her relationship with Sam survive? Will they get there in time? Will Zane ever calm down?

One word “Bronwitch” OMG that was priceless.

Recommended to: Someone wanting a quick read with lots of laughs

Best Quote: The mention of us being friends had been kind of a low blow. I'm loyal. It's one of my best—and worst—character traits. I've put myself in harm's way more than once, out of loyalty to a friend.

No comments :

Post a Comment