Book: Circus of the Darned

Katie Maxwell aka Katie McAllister

Young Adult
Smooch / 2006
Paper Back / 182 Pages
Series Ben & Fran 2

I’ve given up all hope of having a normal life. As if things aren’t freaky enough traveling around Europe with a group of witches, mediums, and magicians who make up my home-away-from-home (aka the GothFaire), now I also have to cope with a mysterious man who wants to steal my horse, and a time-travel counselor who insists I’m Cleopatra reincarnated.

I just want to go on a date with Benedikt, but when your boyfriend’s a vampire, nothing is easy. Not only is Ben keeping secrets from me, but somehow, I raised an entire battlefield of warring Viking ghosts-- all of whom refuse to be sent back.

And I thought all I had to worry about was what to wear on my date...


I picked this book up because Series

What I liked the Most? The mix of characters

What I liked the Least? The shallowness of some of the writing

Review: If you like vampires, witches, ghosts and the like, then Circus of the Darned is book you need to read – but make sure you read Got Fangs? first! Fran is back, still traveling with the GothFaire.

Circus of the Darned is another laugh-out-loud paranormal delight, Katie Maxwell does a great job of drawing on myths and legend for her storylines, and this book is no different.

Recommended to: Anyone wanting a FUN read – do not expect to have your world view changed by this book – it is strictly for fun.

Best Quote: "I wouldn't quite call myself a queen of dating—just someone who has learned a few good tips over the centuries. First, you naturally want to ensure is that your date worships you as is your due."

No comments :

Post a Comment