Book: Harry Potter & The Prisoner of Azkaban



JK Rowling
Young Adult
Scholastic / 1999
Hard Back / 435 Pages
Series Harry Potter #3

For twelve long years, the dread fortress of Azkaban held an infamous prisoner named Sirius Black. Convicted of killing thirteen people with a single curse, he was said to be the heir apparent to the Dark Lord, Voldemort.

Now he has escaped, leaving only two clues as to where he might be headed: Harry Potter's defeat of You-Know-Who was Black's downfall as well; and the Azkaban guards heard Black muttering in his sleep, "He's at Hogwarts . . . he's at Hogwarts."

Harry Potter isn't safe, not even within the walls of his magical school, surrounded by his friends. Because on top of it all, there may well be a traitor in their midst .


I picked this book up because Series

What I liked the Most? A DFAD teacher that knows his stuff

What I liked the Least? Ewww – that’s a horrible truth to discover

Review: Well what to say about this installment in Harry’s life.

When I first read this book I thought wow maybe there is something behind Snape’s snark, Harry can be a bit of a twit, Hermonie is developing a crush on Ron, and Lupin is a wonderful guy. Fast forward to today & there is something behind Snape’s snarkiness, Harry is a total asshat twit, Hermonie & Ron got married & Lupin while still wonderful is now dead. *sigh*

This is perhaps the last book in the series that I actually liked.

Recommended to: Fans of the Series

Best Quote: "It's a letter from my godfather. He was my mum and dad's best friend. He's a convicted murderer, but he's broken out of wizard prison and he's on the run. He likes to keep in touch with me, though... keep up with my news... check if I'm happy..."

No comments :

Post a Comment