Book: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows



J.K. Rowling
Young Adult
Scholastic / 2007
Hard Back / 759 Pages
Series Harry Potter #7

As the novel begins, Harry, Ron and Hermione are on the run from Lord Voldemort, whose minions of Death Eaters have not only taken control of the Minister of Magic but have begun to systematically -- and forcibly -- change the entire culture of the magic community: Muggle-born wizards, for example, are being rounded up and questioned, and all "blood traitors" are being imprisoned. But as Voldemort and his followers ruthlessly pursue the fugitive with the lightning bolt scar on his forehead, Potter finally uncovers the jaw-dropping truth
of his existence....


I picked this book up because End of the series

What I liked the Most? The friendships return & the awesomeness of Neville

What I liked the Least? The death of Dobby

Review: I must say I only read this book because I promised my Dad & my Sister that I would. I absolutely hated the path that the series had taken in the last too books. Harry had transformed into a abso git and I didn’t care if he survived the book or not.
And then when I got home the day it was released it was laying on the bed waiting for me, my husband had gone out during the Midnight Party release and gotten it for me. So I picked it up and started reading it.

Made it through the first third and had to put it down multiple times – because instead of just Harry acting like a toad every one was. Eventually I picked it up and plowed through it once – put it on the shelf and didn’t touch it again. I’ve probably read the first three six or seven times, but this tomb only once.

Then I went and saw the movie & I was like “What? Huh? When did that happen?” I had the high points of the story, but I missed the soul of the story. To be honest, I had read so fast, too bleary-eyed, to understand anything other than a timeline of events rushing head long to the conclusion we all expected. I knew what happened, and that was all.

So I picked it up and reread it. Well I reread the series but I did reread this book and while most of my criticisms still stand (they are a bunch of whiney prats & brats) and the ending was too pat & neat. Even if everything felt like the army or rather like a food processor. But I did enjoy it more the second time around. I found that the warmth in the story. I do find that the ultimate topper for me was the reason Dumbledore trusted Snape was because he loved Harry’s Mother Lilly. That was beautifully done.

Recommended to:Fans of the series

Best Quote: “Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?”

No comments :

Post a Comment