Book: River Marked



Patricia Briggs
Urban Fantasy
Ace / 2011
Hard Back / 326 Pages
Series Mercy Thompson #6

Car mechanic Mercy Thompson has always known there was something different about her, and not just the way she can make a VW engine sit up and beg. Mercy is a shapeshifter, a talent she inherited from her long-gone father. She’s never known any others of her kind. Until now.

An evil is stirring in the depths of the Columbia River—one that her father’s people may know something about. And to have any hope of surviving, Mercy and her mate, the Alpha werewolf Adam, will need their help.


I picked this book up because Series

What I liked the Most? COYOTE!!!!

What I liked the Least? Otters are cute damnit

Review:I have truly found my favorite book in the series to date and it may be because I am paritial to the Avatar concept and especially older spirits returning to walk the land. I found this book to be truly adept at removing me from "reality" for a while & actually read about half the book in an hour, while on my break at work.

I loved getting to learn a lot about Mercy - specifically what she is, what her heritage is, and what she may be capable of in the future. Here's to seeing her father (spiritual or real or grand) in future books.

Recommended to: Fans of the series

Best Quote: “Pup, today, I’m giving you one of my treasures. You see that you take proper care of her.”

or even better is

“All that is mortal dies. Death is not such a bad thing. What would be a bad thing would be living without challenges. Without knowing defeat, we cannot know what victory is. There is no life without death.”

No comments :

Post a Comment