Movie:Your Highness



Director: David Gordon Green
Actors: Danny McBride, Natalie Portman and James Franco
MPAA rating: R
Running time: 102 mins
Tagline: Get your quest on.

Throughout history, tales of chivalry have burnished the legends of brave, handsome knights who rescue fair damsels, slay dragons and conquer evil. But behind many a hero is a good-for-nothing younger brother trying just to stay out of the way of those dragons, evil and trouble in general. Danny McBride and James Franco team up for an epic comedy adventure set in a fantastical world-Your Highness. As two princes on a daring mission to save their land, they must rescue the heir apparent's fiancée before their kingdom is destroyed. Thadeous (McBride) has spent his life watching his perfect older brother Fabious (Franco) embark upon valiant journeys and win the hearts of his people. Tired of being passed over for adventure, adoration and the throne, he's settled for a life of wizard's weed, hard booze and easy maidens.


I picked this movie because So many of my friends said it was a good movie

What I liked the Most? Isabel kicking ass

What I liked the Least? The rest of the movie

Review: Now I realize that movies are meant to entertain. I get that. I truly do. But this film hit a BIG button that I didn’t even know that I had. I found the language to be crude to the point that it physically hurt my ears. I’m not a prude (check out some of my other posts) and I use the occasional f bomb & lots of other colorful turns of phrase, but wow – I don’t think there was a single line in this movie that was not peppered with one “dirty” word or another & that offends me. There was no need for all the profanity.

I didn’t have nearly as much problem with the blatant sexuality – in fact I found that to be amusing. But the language killed my enjoyment in this movie. But I still must give high props to James Franco's portrayal of chivalry and sweetness it made you want to proclaim your undying love!

Recommended to: Fans of crude humor

Best Quote: "Don't suck that it's dead!"

No comments :

Post a Comment