New Moon Banishing Rite


Before starting this ritual sit down and contemplate what areas of your life you want to change. Create a list of negative behaviours, habits, people, thoughts that you want to give up.

Set up your alter in the normal manor, with the cauldron in the center of the alter, the list of negative influences before it.

Light the illumination candle, stand in Goddess pose, and say: This is the night of darkness. The Goddess hides her face from humans. Wise one let us feel your presence tonight. I leave all forms of retribution in your capable hands.

Light the yellow candle, hold it up, and say: Remove the negatives from my mind, Mother Dark, may they bear no fruit in my life.

Light the red candle, hold it up, and say: Remove the negatives from my body, Mother Dark, may they bear no fruit in my life.

Light the blue candle, hold it up, and say: Remove the negatives from my emotions, Mother Dark, may they bear no fruit in my life.

Light the green candle, hold it up, and say: Remove the negatives from my spirit, Mother Dark, may they bear no fruit in my life.

Stand at the alter and say: I accept no negative thoughts, words, or deeds from any source - internal as well as external. They are destroyed by the Dark Mothers love. Turn all negatives into lessons of light and creativity. Help le to achieve balance and peace in my every day life.

Read from your list all the negatives you want to release. As you read from your list release each item into the Her hands. Once you have reached the end of your list, set fire to it and drop it into the cauldron. As it burns say: I release these into your keeping. Show me the path beyond these negatives and the way to move into the light.

When the paper has been reduced to ash, lift your arms up and say: Mother Dark, Crone Wisdom, Wisest One, teach me Your mysteries, the magic and the path of my foremothers. Guide and protect me. Thank you.

Meditate and see what words of wisdom you may received. Pay attention to your dreams and signs you may encounter.

No comments :

Post a Comment