Movie: Practical Magic




Director: Griffin Dunne
Actors: Sandra Bullock, Nicole Kidman and Stockard Channing
MPAA rating: PG 13
Running time: 104 mins
Tagline:There’s a little witch in every woman.

Sally and Gillian Owens have always known they were different. Raised by their aunts after their parents' death, the sisters grew up in a household that was anything but typical--their aunts fed them chocolate cake for breakfast and taught them the uses of practical magic. But the invocation of the Owens' sorcery also carries a price--some call it a curse: the men they fall in love with are doomed to an untimely death. Now adult women with very different personalities, the quiet Sally and the fiery Gillian must use all of their powers to fight the family curse and a swarm of supernatural forces that threatens the lives of all the Owens women.


I picked this movie because This is easily my favorite movie

What I liked the Most? Everything – but mostly the polar opposite sisters

What I liked the Least? Nothing

Review: Definitely made for adults even if it does feature a couple of cute kids. Everyone in this movie gives a wicked performance pushing the boundaries. This was a movie to watch when you are ready to be ENTERTAINED. Turn your mind off and enjoy some really good story telling.

I’ve read the book & seen the movie and I must say – yes the stories are similar but there are enough differences to say hey I love them both!!! And I am usually a book purist.

Recommended to: Everyone!!!

Best Quote: There are so many to choose from

“Since when is being a slut a crime in this family?”
“Did you or your sister kill James Angelov?” “Yeah, a couple of times.”
“My darling girl, when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage!”
“And I don't want them dancing naked under the full moon!” “No, of course. The nudity is entirely optional. As you well remember!”

No comments :

Post a Comment