Things I Am Thankful For



  1. My Parents – I am thankful for being the daughter to two of the most loving supportive people. They gave me the courage to be anything that I want. The relationship I have with my Dad is truly unique. I love him more than life itself & we have got the best communication (snark included). My Mother is my rock – without her I would be totally lost.

  2. My Sister – we’ve had our ups and downs but I really am thankful for having her in my life

  3. My Nephew – Lucas – he always puts a smile on my face and I love to hear him giggle.

  4. My Big Extended Southern Family – for all the ups and downs – I really do love my family. They are the biggest bunch of nuts that I know, but they are also there when we need them.

  5. My Grandparents – both real & step. I’ve enjoyed getting to know them & regret loosing them over the years, but they are always in my heart.

  6. My Bunny – he is making me aware of my beauty and importance

  7. My Friends – I’m not going to list them off individually, but be aware that each one of you holds a special place in my heart.

  8. My Critters – both past & present – they remind me that unconditional love is truly the greatest gift.

  9. Love – in all it’s many forms. It has to be the greatest emotion ever.

  10. My Job – I may not like the fact that I have to get up and go to work, but I love the fact that I have a job. And I truly love my job.

  11. Sanitation Workers – let’s be real – we would be in a true mess if they weren’t working.

  12. Our Military – I am so thankful for the men & the women of our country who serve.

  13. Teachers – I am very thankful for all the teachers in the world. I’m so very glad that they choose to teach.

  14. Actors & Actresses – They entertain us – enough side

  15. Catfish – I saw the movie Catfish not to long ago & now I’m thankful for the Catfish of life.
    “They used to tank cod from Alaska all the way to China . They'd keep them in vats in the ship. By the time the codfish reached China , the flesh was mush and tasteless. So this guy came up with the idea that if you put these cods in these big vats, put some catfish in with them and the catfish will keep the cod agile. And there are those people who are catfish in life. And they keep you on your toes. They keep you guessing, they keep you thinking, they keep you fresh. And I thank god for the catfish because we would be droll, boring and dull if we didn't have somebody nipping at our fin.”


  16. The Earth – for sheltering us and maintaining us during our lifetime.

  17. Wildflowers – I may not know their names, but I sure do think they’re pretty.

  18. Birds – both wild & domestic – they come in so many different shades and sizes.

  19. The Moon & The Stars – they shine so bright in the darkness and remind me that life changes a little bit every day. I love the night time.

  20. Gardens – I love walking through them and just admiring the growth and beauty.

  21. Rain – the sound of it on my rooftop, the feel of it on my skin, the beauty that arises in the after math – plus

  22. Mother Nature – I love all the various sides of her beauty.

  23. Wildlife – I love seeing the freedom of the animals & the true adaptability.

  24. Snow – I do sooooo love the snow. It’s so pretty and clean looking

  25. Ice – Weird I know. But I love the way that it sparkles and shines on the trees.

  26. Country Living – I love being able to see the stars, hear nature, & enjoy a peaceful night with a fire & friends.

  27. Positivity – Yep – you can figure this one out.

  28. Appreciation – I love knowing that I did something right or that someone appreciates something that I’ve done for them.

  29. Country Music – To me, it’s feel good music that makes me feel better about what ever is going on.

  30. Wonderland – whether it is Alice ’s version, the new SciFy version or a beautiful Winter Wonderland – makes no difference to me – I love them all.

  31. Encouragement – It really makes a difference when some one says you can to it.

  32. Creativity – in all its forms. I love creating and enjoy the works of others.

  33. Holidays – I don’t care which one it is – I love them all

  34. Travel – I love to travel – from cruise ships to trains to driving. Trips just make me happy.

  35. Rainbows – I love seeing that little surprise after the rain or on those really cloudy early mornings

  36. America - I'm just being thankful for my own county, and not trying to take anything away from any other country. It may not be perfect - what place is?- but I love it nonetheless.

  37. Not Having Kids – I know this is an odd thing to be thankful for but I get to play with the kids in my life without having to be a disciplinarian – spoil’em and send’em home (that being said – if I have a baby this one will change lol)

  38. The Internet – I’m a ‘net junkie. I love being able to go online and look up everything!

  39. Music – I love hearing harmonious sounds.

  40. Manicures – I love having pretty nails

  41. Hair Dye – I change my hair frequently – to the point I’ve been told to act my age

  42. My iPod – I love music and it keeps me sane.

  43. My Magic Lamp – it has been my home for the past 2 years & I still love it. My tiny little metal box has sheltered me during storms, sunshine, good times & bad. It nurtured my spirit and helped me get over the destructive love that almost destroyed me.

  44. Clean Sheets – there is nothing better than slipping into a freshly made bed.

  45. Hot Showers & Long Baths – need I say more?

  46. Grocery Stores – I love going to the grocery store. It makes me happy.

  47. Chocolate – I love love love chocolate. It makes me happy.

  48. Fresh Fruits & Veggies – I love natural fresh foods.
  49. Scupernog Wine – So perfectly delicious.

  50. Coffee – it is truly the drink of the Gods

  51. Steak – I love dead cow. I know it’s not as socially acceptable as it may have once been, but it’s still the best thing in town. LOL.

  52. Ribs – From a pig hot off the grill – something to be truly thankful for

  53. Books – I adore reading & love the written word. I can be transported any where & any time just by simply opening the cover of a book.

  54. Read & Write – On that note – I’m thankful that I can read & write.

  55. Aleve – my go to drug for everything that hurts

  56. Photographs – I love taking pictures & posting them to Facebook & Blogger & putting them in scrapbooks

  57. The Little Things – I love finding the minute details to be thankful for. Like the perfect shade of pink in a flower or the fairy in a fire.

  58. Fuzzy Socks – they are wonderful

  59. Snuggly PJ’s – need I say more?

  60. Diamond Earrings – Mine are super special to me because my Daddy bought them for me

  61. Memories – It’s fun to reminisce. I love pulling out my scrap books & looking at them, reminding myself that not all of the past is to be forgotten.

  62. Ringing Telephones & Text Message Beeps – I love hearing my phone go off. (this could be because I change the tones constantly lol)

  63. Social Networking – from Twitter to Facebook – I love keeping in touch/getting in touch/finding out what’s going on in the world today

  64. Strangers – I know that some of them are just future friends and others are just simply a smile in passing.

  65. Free Time – I love taking down time & just relaxing. Sometimes alone – sometimes with friends – sometimes with family. It rejuvenates me.

  66. Laughter – I love everything about it & I’m thankful for being able to laugh.

  67. My Computer – whether it’s my work computer, my laptop, my mom’s computer or my phone – I’m thankful for them all. I love being able to sit down & write/watch videos.

  68. Portable DVD Players – I just adore my mini unit that I picked up for a song last year. I have used it camping/at work/during travel. Any where I’ve needed to be for long periods of time with nothing else to do.

  69. Packages – I love getting packages in the mail.

  70. Standing up for Myself – I have the strength to take a stand and not back down in the face of adversity.

  71. Disappointments & Failures – They let me know that I can get through anything.

  72. Hard Times – they made me stronger & wiser & more capable of doing what ever I need to do.

  73. Accomplishing Goals – I thrive on having goals in my life so I know which way to go. I love having a plan.

  74. Knowing When to Quit – but I don’t keep fighting a loosing battle. I know when to walk away.

  75. Dreams – They keep us alive and moving forward.

  76. Weekends – I love having “weekends” available to spend with my family & friends

  77. New Restaurants – I love trying new things & new restaurants are the best – sometimes they are good, sometimes not – but the adventure is wonderful.

  78. Tequlia – YUMMY!!!

  79. My Blog – I love putting things up on my blog

  80. Comments on My Blog – I love seeing that people enjoy the various posts

  81. Yoga – relaxation & exercise

  82. Sense of sight – For letting you see the colors of life
  83. Sense of hearing - For letting you hear trickle of rain, the voices of your loved ones, and the harmonious chords of music
  84. Sense of touch - For letting you feel the texture of your clothes, the breeze of the wind, the hands of your loved ones
  85. Sense of smell – For letting you smell scented candles, perfumes, and beautiful flowers in your garden
  86. Sense of taste – For letting you savor the sweetness of fruits, the saltiness of seawater, the sourness of pickles, the bitterness of bitter gourd, and the spiciness of chilli

  87. Good Health – Yes I have some health issues but I am really thankful for my good health in general.

  88. Being Me – I love who I am even with all my flaws I am a wonderful person.

  89. Life – I love being alive.

  90. Today

  91. Making This List – I love the fact that I’m smiling now

  92. Finding other things to be thankful for

No comments :

Post a Comment