Book: Spying in High Heels




Gemma Halliday
Mystery
Making It / 2006
Mass Market / 324 Pages
Series High Heels Mystery #1

L.A. shoe designer, Maddie Springer, lives her life by three rules: Fashion. Fashion. Fashion. But when she stumbles upon the work of a brutal killer, her life takes an unexpected turn from Manolos to murder. And things only get worse when her boyfriend disappears - along with AUD20 million in embezzled funds - and her every move is suddenly under scrutiny by the LAPD's sexiest cop. With the help of her post-menopausal bridezilla of a mother, a 300 pound psychic and one seriously oversexed best friend, Maddie finds herself stepping out of her stilettos and onto the trail of a murderer. But can she catch a killer before the killer catches up to her...


I picked this book up because I was looking for something new to read

What I liked the Most? The fact that Maddie found herself

What I liked the Least? Valley Girl speak

Review: Well this was a bit better than I thought it would be, but not as good as I hoped. It’s a light fun hearted “beach” read, don’t expect anything more out of it. The characters were all very flat and it’s hard to care for them. But like cotton candy at the fair, it’s a good time if you let. It’s kinda like a west coast Stephanie Plum with out the interesting back ground characters.

Recommended to: Fans of the absurd

Best Quote: I’m way too strong to be sucked down by a guy like you. I can hold my own, but I can’t hold us both up.

No comments :

Post a Comment