Book: Catching Fire




Suzanne Collins
Young Adult
Scholastic Press / 2009
Hard Back / 391 Pages
Series The Hunger Games #2

Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark won the annual competition described in Hunger Games, but the aftermath leaves these victors with no sense of triumph. Instead, they have become the poster children for a rebellion that they never planned to lead. That new, unwanted status puts them in the bull's-eye for merciless revenge by The Capitol...


I picked this book up because Series

What I liked the Most? The clock arena

What I liked the Least? President Snow – but you are supposed to hate him

Review: I was a bit disappointed in the second book of this trilogy – I get it – Government is bad, corrupt, evil, but COME ON give me something to work with. I was so amazed and excited by the first book I couldn’t wait to get into the second book, but all I got was hazy conspiracies and twisted reactions. I love the fact that Katniss seems to be so naïve but in all reality just gets it usually at the wrong moment. Yeah the love triangle is a bit much, but that’s what works in this series.

I must say that Cinna rocks & I truly hope he makes a come back!

Recommended to: Someone who’s read the first book (do not try to start with the second in this series you will get lost)

Best Quote: “I wish I could freeze this moment, right here, right now and live in it forever.”

No comments :

Post a Comment