Book: The Laughing Corspe


Laurell K Hamilton
Urban Fantasy
Ace / 1994
Mass Market / 304 Pages
Series Anita Blake #2

Harold Gaynor offers Anita Blake a million dollars to raise a 300-year-old zombie. Knowing it means a human sacrifice will be necessary, Anita turns him down. But when dead bodies start turning up, she realizes that someone else has raised Harold's zombie--and that the zombie is a killer. Anita pits her power against the zombie and the voodoo priestess who controls it.
Notice to Hollywood: forget Buffy the Vampire Slayer; Anita Blake is the real thing.


I picked this book up because Series
What I liked the Most? The zombies!! They totally rock!

What I liked the Least? The negative light of Voodoo (but it’s something I need to remember that not everyone is respectful)

Review:I love rereading the old (classic) Anita Blake books. Yes the hint of sex is there, but it is NOT the primary focus. I love the murder para mystery, the betrayal, the insights, the search for truth. I love the odd sense of humor that this book has.

My fandom of Laurell was set in stone with this book.

Recommended to: Fans of the series or anyone interested in bloody and gruesome books that are centered around the paranormal

Best Quote: "It's just a little lust, Jean-Claude, nothing special."

No comments :

Post a Comment