Afraid


Jack Kilborn
Horror
Grand Central / 2009
Format / 372 Pages

Welcome to Safe Haven, Wisconsin. Miles from everything, with one road in and out, this peaceful town has never needed a full-time police force. Until now . . .


A helicopter has crashed near Safe Haven and unleashed something horrifying. Now this merciless force is about to do what it does best. Isolate. Terrorize. Annihilate. As residents begin dying in a storm of gory violence, Safe Haven's only chance for survival will rest with an aging county sheriff, a firefighter, and a single mom. And each will have this harrowing thought: Maybe death hasn't come to their town by accident . . .


I picked this book up because It looked interesting

What I liked the Most? The pacing of the story was amazing

What I liked the Least? Do not read if you have a sensitive stomach

Review: I am letting you know right now - this book is gruesome. It has a ton of blood & guts in it, to the point it took me 3 tries to even get started really. Now don't get me wrong it was an excellent read - once you turn off the gag reflex and you don't mind nightmares.

Evidently I was able to turn off the reflex & nightmares aren't really a problem LOL so I finished it off & I was truly impressed with Mr Kilborn. He has created a place that the monsters come out - completely unafraid of terrorizing the innocent.

Recommended to: Fans of gore


No comments :

Post a Comment