Making Candles

Okay, so today is Imbolc and I just found out that Bunny has never made candles, so I just had to show him how it is done.

Since all my regular stuff is in storage (still) I decided that rather than hunting for hours to locate what I needed I'd just buy a kit. While I just simply went to my local AC Moore, you could always order a kit off line. We got the Yaley 150003 Pouring Container Votive Kit for around $25.


The kit comes with almost everything you need to make votive candles: a pouring container, vanilla scent, ivory dye, 1 lb premium wax, 9 votive wicks, 3 votive molds, thermometer, and instructions. You still have to provide a pot big enough to function as double boiler. As you can see in the pictures below, we used my Rachel Ray large pot.

Since the Bunny had never done this project I just kinda sat back & played photographer, while talking him through all the steps.
After the wax melts add the color & scent

Sitting up the votive molds with wicks

Pouring the candles (they honestly looked like little glasses of orange juice)

No comments :

Post a Comment