Book: The Fault in Our Stars


John Green
Young Adult
Dutton Books / January 2012
Hard Back / 318 Pages

Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.


I picked this book up because: Well evidently it's being made into a movie & The Fine Brothers had a teen react to it

What I liked the Most? The writing was abso amazing

What I liked the Least? The cancer of course

Review: Wow, I am simply blown away! First off, this is the first John Green book I've read, so I don't have the "OMG it was like every other freaking book he's written" thing going on. I found this book to be an awakening in a way. You see, I have been having a lot of difficulties making up my mind about what I want to do, and while my art projects are starting to help, they only solve on aspect of the problem. I need to make myself healthier, and this book, told from a girl's prospective that is never going to get better, well that gave me a kick to the pants.

This is not my usual read. I don't like to read about people who are dying or dead, unless it is a murder mystery or ancient history, but this book, this book right here, touched my heart in a way that few books have done in a long time.

I'm not gonna give away any of the deets of the book, you gotta read it for yourself, because this may be a life changing thing for you too.

Recommended to: Anyone with a heart

Best Quote:

No comments :

Post a Comment