GJ: Liquid Cup of Sanity


  • 3 pages of 6x6 paper from Prima Marketing Printery collection cut into squares & rectangles 
  • Liquitex Matte Gel medium 
  • Apple Barrel gloss acrylic pain in Coffee Bean (for the edges) 
  • Distress Ink in Rusty Hinge (I didn't have a coffee spill stamp, so I used the bottom of a can to get the circles) 
  • Martha Stewart brown marker 
  • Sharpie Black Marker 
  • Simply oil pastels 
  • The cups are free hand shape (just found the basic stacking shape I liked on google) on scraps of paper from Life Documented & Pixey Stix

I started off with the blank pages glued to the next pages on both sides.
Then (working in sections) I applied a layer of gel medium.
Working somewhat quickly I added the cut up pieces of paper in random not patterns.
While that was drying I worked on the cups, I just got the basic shape from a random google pic, then cut out my 1st one (it just so happens it's the one that says coffee :) )
Then I cut out the rest of the cups from other scraps. (the bands are from scraps too)
To stack them I simply cut a slit in the top of the cup, and slid them one inside another
Using another piece of scrap I taped the stack together.
Then worked on highlight & shading with the oil pastels
Since the page was dry now, I used a spray can I have at my desk & dipping into rusty hinge, made the coffee rings on the paper.
Then I used a little dab of Coffee Bean in each corner & worked it in using my finger.
(When ever I had too much paint - I would just randomly highlight a corner or square)
I let it dry some more, then added the stack of cups & hand wrote the phrase using the 2 markers.
All in all - I am EXTREMELY happy with the page & yes I am very thankful for coffee :)

2 comments :

  1. This is fabulous. I love the different cups and how you made it look a bit aged. Great texture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much - I had a lot of fun with this layout

    ReplyDelete