Chicken Tetrazzini

Okay so here's the deal (this is a super easy recipe that can be jazzed up in a million ways to make it super high class) - this is my base recipe.


  • 1 lb chicken (I use boneless skinless thighs)
  • 1.5 tsp salt
  • 1 lb spaghetti noodles (I like the pot size noodles)
  • 1 stick butter
  • aprox 16 ounces sliced mushrooms
  • 1/4 Cup + a little more flour
  • 3 cloves of garlic minced
  • 2 Cups cream



Take the chicken thighs and put them in a largish pot a little over half full of water & add salt. Bring to a boil. Cook until chicken is done.

Remove Chicken from the pot while reserving the liquid. (Basically pull the chicken out of the pot don't dump the water down the sink) - then I put the noodles in the pot & cook them. While those start cooking I rough dice the cooked chicken and throw it back in the pot. Cook until noodles are done.

Drain the pot into a strainer and put it right back on the stove top. Add butter & garlic. Stirring until the garlic smells amazing, add mushrooms, cook until done. Then you sprinkle in the flour and stir like your life depends on it (you are trying to avoid big clumpy flour ball chunks), cook for about 5 minutes (this gives the flour a chance to absorb the butter, garlic & mushroom yumminess), then pour in the cream - I usually do it in 3 stages - pour & stir, and pour & stir, and pour & stir. If your cream sauce is too thick add more cream.

Dump the noodles chicken combo back into the pot & stir to combine.

If you want, you can then dump it in a baking dish & bake for 20-30 minutes at 350 to give all the nom-noms a chance to mix together, but because I suck at timing, I generally skip this step (unless I'm cooking for someone other than myself & the BF)

You can add cooked broccoli, peas, green beans, cheese - but this is recipe I generally use. I'm pretty sure the start of this recipe came from the Joy of Cooking cookbook - a must have for any cook because everything I've tried from there has worked. Well, except for biscuits, but then I think I'm just not meant to bake biscuits.



No comments :

Post a Comment