Chicken Pad Thai (Americanized Version)

Except for the sauce part (because I needed to make sure I wasn't going overboard with certain flavors) I don't usually measure things out.

Bring pot of water to a boil, add brown rice noodles, turn off heat and let the noodles soak until mid tender. Drain.

In heated wok, stir fry diced chicken (2-3 chicken breasts depending on who is eating) in wok until done (I don't usually use any type of oil for this portion, but I do add about a clove of fresh garlic & an inch of fresh ginger), remove chicken from wok.


I just take a veggie peeler to the carrots to get them the right size.


Add coconut oil (1-2 tsp), stir fry 3 cups of bean sprouts, 1 cup carrots, 2 cups broccoli and stir around until done to your desired tenderness. Remove veggies from wok.



Add to the wok:

1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp minced garlic
2 Tbsp minced ginger
4 tsp creamy peanut butter
1/2 tsp red chili paste (I use one I got from whole food market)
add water (up to 2 cups, depends on how "saucy" you like your food), dump in the noodles, tossing to coat, add back chicken & veggies, top with peanuts, serve.



I usually pull my containers before I mix everything up, so I know exactly what I am getting. Measuring each component (yellow, red, orange & green)

No comments :

Post a Comment