Suicide Squad





Director: David Ayer

Actors: Will Smith, Jared Leto, Margot Robbie

MPAA rating: PG13

Running time: 123 minutes

Tagline: Justice has a bad side.



Fearing that the world is vulnerable to otherworldly threats, the Government enlists the disposable Task Force X on a high-risk mission in exchange for absolution: Meanwhile, the Joker operates his own agenda.

I picked this movie because HARLEY QUINN!!! DUH!!!

What I liked the Most? The first prison scene with Harley aka aerial yoga with sheets

What I liked the Least? OMG - this movie had a shit ton of back story (it was evi designed for someone like Bunny)

Review: Ok, so my review may not be popular. Oops! But I for one, wasn't as happy with Suicide Squad as I wanted to be with it. I didn't hate it, I just didn't love it.

Most of the characters are big, colorful, wondermous, and would have been UBER fun to watch if the movie flowed BETTER. So many people have said so and so should have gotten more screen time and while I agree with that to a point, I understand it's impossible to get everyone up on the big screen in equal shares. Characters were either treated major flashbacks (Harley, Deadshot) or left in obscurity (Boomarang, Katana). The shear amount of trivial side plots and flashbacks really makes the plot a freaking mess. And TBH, I personally didn't care for over half of the Squad.

  • Boomarang - other than he has a unicorn fetish, I didn't give a blasted nickel
  • Flagg - hard ass moron thinking with his pecker
  • Waller - while I get having a female uber politico, she sucked donkey ass
  • Dr Moore (not to be confused with Enchantress lol) - *sigh* really? really?
  • Katana - the most interesting bit of trivia was totally lost to Flagg's lackluster parrot of the fact

Now don't get me wrong, there's chemistry between SOME of the characters. The best being between Harley and Deadshot, this combo was really well developed and extremely electric, funny, and downright entertaining, and the worst being the driving factor love interest between Flagg and Dr Moore, which felt forced, bland and well TBEH yucky.

And while I adore music in general and find it plays a big roll in any movie, this time it was a MASSIVE issue. Every character has a cool theme song (that plays almost every time they are on the screen and that includes scenes with MULTIPLE characters), the tracks are extremely loud, and play over the dialogue, over key scenes and well TBH over the whole damn movie. Or so it felt like to me.

The fight scenes had some amazing potential, but petered out (for the most part - the Good Guy/Bad Guy/Bomb! is the exception). I mean CGI blackberry headed monsters made from magical goop that either collapse at a touch or survive 14 thousand shots. Blarg! And can someone please explain to me, how a chick with a bat can stand next to to a guy who controls freaking FIRE! It's just implausible to believe that Harley is even needed in the group and that is saying a lot because Margot made the movie for me!

And speaking of Harley, I never thought I'd say it, but this film really shouldn't have included the Joker. Jared Leto should have either gotten his own movie or his scenes massively cut to just the flashbacks/jail break, because he is a major scene stealer. His other appearances felt forced and simply made no sense in the context of the plot.

But all in all, it's still a fun movie to watch, even if it doesn't stand up to the fun flow of the trailer. Watch with mindset that you are gonna look for the corny jokes and laugh, ignore the BLARG, and by all means, ignore Flagg & Waller at every turn.
Recommended to: Someone who knows how to just enjoy a movie, NOT someone who wants a semi logical fantasy trip

Best Quote: We're bad guys, it's what we do.

No comments :

Post a Comment