Day Tripping

I found out about a Japanese Festival for Bon Odori in Raleigh through Facebook events and since I know that one of the kids in my life is in love with Asian culture we perminapped her & one of her sisters to head to Raleigh for the day. It was an amazing trip.


On the way, I saw this sign on I95 North and it was like a sign or omen. I missed taking a picture of the "Be true to yourself" one, but I did nail this one.
When we got to the Festival, we checked out a bunch of the food booths and found a Matcha Tea Ceremony.

James & Mia after the ceremony. Neither one of them particularly cared for the tea or cracker, but they enjoyed the experience.



Mia made a wish on the Wishing Tree

Just a shot of the crowd.


We realized that the majority of the available options were mostly food (and the girls didn't really wanna eat), so we took off for round 2 of fun.

James, Mia & Gabby checking out an exhibit.  

All was not fun & games on the way home however, as James got a ticket. But when we dropped off the girls we got an invite to dinner (aka Valentina's Fiesta) and that was amazing!
 

No comments :

Post a Comment