Book:Night Huntress



Yasmine Galenorn
Paranormal Romance
Penguin Group January 2009
Mass Market/320 pages
Sisters of the Moon Series, #5



We're the D'Artigo sisters: sexy, savvy operatives for the Otherworld Intelligence Agency. But being half-human, half-Fae means our supernatural talents always go haywire at the wrong time. My sister Camille is a wicked good witch who attracts men like honey attracts flies. Menolly's a vampire who's still getting the hang of being undead. And me? I'm Delilah, a werecat who's been marked by the Autumn Lord as one of his Death Maidens. And wouldn't you know it, Karvanak--the demon general who stole the third Spirit Seal--is back. And this time, he's out for blood...

The Hags of Fate enjoy seeing me squirm. First, my boyfriend, Chase, mutters another woman's name in his sleep. Then I discover the Autumn Lord has a very special plan for me. But things go from bad to deadly when Karvanak--the Rāksasa--returns. In order to get his greedy hands on both the fourth Spirit Seal and his former associate, Vanzir, he kidnaps Chase. Now, we have to find a way to rescue the man I love without risking the safety of both Otherworld and Earth...


I picked this book up because it is part of a series that I am reading.
What I liked the Most? This book, Delilah is growing up and getting her claws.

What I liked the Least? The lies - that was just WRONG.

Review:This book centers on Delilah, the werecat/panther/Death Maiden - and that is just the beginning. Not a good standalone. There is a continuous plot running throughout all the books, but honestly it is getting really muddled, and from one book to the next I don't feel the flow is creating any sense of escalating tension.

The combat felt like a D&D session to me - role, do damage, your turn. Even though the characters acknowledge early on in one major raid on a demon-infested house that their opponents probably have preternatural hearing AND already know they're there, they stand around in the hallway debating and planning strategy endlessly. It's not even remotely realistic.

This book felt odd and stilted. I mean - I understand that the series is growning & changing & usually I don't have issue with is, but wow - why stay with the liar? Why put yourself out there for the BS? This book was off from the very beginning. Here's to hoping the next is better.

Recommended to: Fans of the series - not a good stand alone

Best Quote "Mayb we'll get lucky, and they'll just be a bunch of Caspers," - Delilah.

Challenges Para 999, 100+

No comments :

Post a Comment