Book:Deja Demon

This section is for a challenge, then on to the regular review:
What do I think the book is going to be about by just looking at the cover?
Everybody's favorite mom is tearing up the super market, but this time it's not looking for a great sale - she's out to fry a demon she's fried in the past. Think grown up with kids Charmed no special abilities. Am I right, only time will tell?

Now I can finally read the back of the book. Oops - it's like the fourth in a series, but sounds like an interesting book.



Julie Kenner
Fiction (Chick Lit)
Penguin Group / July 2008
Quality Paperback / 336 pages
Kate Connor, Demon Hunter Series Book #4
Date 7-3

Between attending gala fundraisers for her husband's political campaign, training her teenage daughter to wield a crossbow and a stiletto, potty-training a toddler, and her increasingly complicated personal life, Kate Connor hardly has time to prepare for the impending chaos of a neighborhood Easter party that has her enslaved to dying hundreds of hard-boiled eggs.

Keeping the local kiddos in line will take all of Kate's skills as a mother and demon hunter, just when she'll need them the most. The High Demon Goramesh has returned to San Diablo this time with a full-blown army of the undead and a powerful demonic ally. Once again, it's up to Kate to save the world. Good thing she can multi-task...


I picked this book up because the cover looked interesting & I signed up for a reading challenge. LOL.

What I liked the Most? I really enjoyed the flow of the story -

What I liked the Least? There was no labeling on the front of the book to say it was the fourth in a series.

Review: I was relatively happy with this selection. Mrs Kenner will not be going to the top of the TBR pile, but she may just yet make it into the stack.

Now on to the book, it is action packed from start to finish - I'll give her that, but personally I found the story line to be lacking quiet a bit. I don't know - maybe I'm just too harsh on NEW anything - but I felt the plot was really thin, got wrapped up way to "easy" and I really didn't care for some of the characters.

Recommended to: Since it's not that dark of a book (unlike a lot of others), pretty much anyone would be able to read it, but it may be helpful to read the series and since .

Best Quote:"You are soooo busted!" - Allie

Challenges: Take a Chance, Para 999


For the Take a Chance Challenge - I'm glad I picked the book up, because I will probably add her my TBR list, with an eye to picking her books up used. But I don't think the series will ever go to the top of the list.

2 comments :

  1. I could see the attraction of the cover for sure!!! Does seem like it should mention that this is the 4th in a series though! And the description just sounds so funny. I enjoy how you review your books -- short and to the point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenners - that was really my only complaint. Now where on the book does it say 4th in a series. I don't like to give away too much of the book, so I'm trying to keep my actual review short & sweet. LOL. Glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete