Book: Ten Big Ones



Janet Evanovich
Fiction
St. Martin's Press /
Mass Market / Pages
Series: Stephanie Plum #10

"I'm Stephanie Plum. My mother says that I'm famous and have to set a good example. She's right, but I'm from Jersey and truth is, I have a hard time getting a grip on the good example thing."

Swing off the Jersey Turnpike and you'll be in bounty hunter Stephanie Plum's neighborhood. You'll know it because all hell will be breaking loose. Not that she attracts trouble-it just seems to follow her. In Ten Big Ones it explodes at a deli, and when Stephanie pegs a robber as a member of a vicious Trenton gang, they peg her as dead. Vice cop Joe Morelli fears she's in way too deep-even with the help of crime-solving cross-dressing bus driver, Sweet Sally, and Stephanie's friend Lula riding shotgun as backup. With a notorious killer on her tail, Stephanie figures the best hideout is Ranger's secret lair...


I picked this book up because Challenge/series

What I liked the Most? Some of the wit

What I liked the Least? The style this book had

Review:While this book had some funny scenes and some sexual tension, it was a disappointing read. The characters were badly handled - Ranger and Joe were flat, and every one was fat & on a diet. Nothing moves or changes.

I got a very strong feeling that someone else had a large part in writing this book; it just didn't feel like Janet's work and it appeared the writer was unaware of several important interactions between the characters.

The book definitely has some good spots that make it worth reading, but if this had been the first in the series, I would not have bought the next one.

Recommended to: Fans of the series

Best Quote: "I can't get up! I've got seven humping dogs on me. Seven. Do Something!" I dang near peed my pants

Challenges: 100+, Stephanie Plum

No comments :

Post a Comment