Book: Undead & Unwed





Mary Janice Davidson
Paranormal Romance
Berkley / 2004
Paperback / 288 Pages
Series Undead #1



First Betsy Taylor loses her job, then she's killed in a car accident. But what really bites is that she can't seem to stay dead. And now her new friends have the ridiculous idea that Betsy is the prophesied vampire queen, and they want her help in overthrowing the most obnoxious power-hungry vampire in five centuries.


I picked this book up because My aunt recommended it



What I liked the Most? The humor factor – I couldn’t stop laughing



What I liked the Least? The slightly narcissistic nature of most of the characters



Review: Elizabeth “Betsy” Taylor (a materialistic, distractable "Valley-girl" crossed with "Sex in the City" starlet) is having the week from Hell. On her birthday of all days – she loses her job as a secretary, no one shows up for her party, and then she is run over by a Pontiac Aztek (but I’m pretty sure that's not what killed me – I think it was the tree). She then wakes up as a vampire in the funeral home – wearing cheap Payless shoes and a pink (gasp) suit. And that’s when the fun starts – after several unsuccessful attempts to kill herself, she starts to make her way back to her unlife – but decides to keep in touch with everyone she knew.



The laugh factor is high in this thoroughly entertaining book – from lisping vampires to bickering “newlyweds” to Betsy’s complete lack of respect for vampiredom. I did think that some of the jokes were a little harsh – but that’s just my personal take.



Recommended to: Anyone who likes light hearted vampire romances – this is not an Anita Blake style romp



Best Quote: "Oh, that's nice. Don’t you dare pull a gun on me in my own house. And where's your warrant?"

No comments :

Post a Comment