Movie: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1


Directed by David Yates
Actors Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint
MPAA rating: PG 13
Running time: 146 mins
Tagline: It All Ends Here

Voldemort's power is growing stronger. He now has control over the Ministry of Magic and Hogwarts. Harry, Ron, and Hermione decide to finish Dumbledore's work and find the rest of the Horcruxes to defeat the Dark Lord. But little hope remains for the Trio, and the rest of the Wizarding World, so everything they do must go as planned.


I picked this movie because My Dad, Sissy & myself always go see the Harry Potters together

What I liked the Most? Getting to see it with some of my family (Mom, nephie & BIL did not attend)

What I liked the Least? I think I read a different book LOL

Review: Welcome back to the magical world of Harry Potter - a world once filled with wonder and joy, but now tainted with death and darkness, and what a journey we take this time. Almost from the start of this movie - the pacing is slower. Don't get me wrong you of course have some blazing action scenes (arial chases and wand battles), stunningly perfect visuals (vistas and landscapes), special effects (8 different Potters in a row and a destruction scene) and even a beautifully animated short, but the real core of the movie is back where it belongs - the characters. The dialogue scenes take centre stage and are played in the most realistic possible way, with long silences, pauses and meaningful looks - you get to experience the frustration, the jealousy and even the uncertainty of the characters in their journey. I personally felt rewarded with the richest examples of the very relationships that made this series for me.
  • Bill & Fleur's wedding
  • Harry and Hermoine dancing together to the radio - a desperate attempt to find joy in a world that sucks
  • The love Father Lovegood shows for crazy daughter Luna
  • And my favorite & least favorite scene, Dobby, the free house elf come to rescue Harry Potter again. His very nature allowing him to be the hero yet again before paying the ultimate price.
Even though I often felt like I read a different book, I would have to say that this film is the best interpretation yet. The novel is done justice, something that has . It's something for both the movie fans and novel-readers alike. It's definitely a huge improvement over "Half-Blood Prince", which for me is the worst film ever.

Recommended to: Fans of the series

Best Quote: "Dobby never meant to kill! Dobby only meant to maim, or seriously injure!" ~ Dobby the Free House Elf

No comments :

Post a Comment