Book: Moon Called



Patricia Briggs

Urban Fantasy
Penguin Group / 2006
Paper Back / 304 Pages
Series Mercy Thompson 1

Werewolves can be dangerous if you get in their way, but they'll leave you alone if you are careful. They are very good at hiding their natures from the human population, but I'm not human. I know them when I meet them, and they know me, too.

Mercy Thompson's sexy next-door neighbor is a werewolf.

She's tinkering with a VW bus at her mechanic shop that happens to belong to a vampire.

But then, Mercy Thompson is not exactly normal herself ... and her connection to the world of things that go bump in the night is about to get her into a whole lot of trouble.


I picked this book up because The chick on the cover is HOT!!! & the reveiws

What I liked the Most? Mercedes the Volkswagen mechanic (LOL) a beautiful (implied but never verified) skinwalker who turns into a coyote aka Mercy - She’s tough, independent, funny, smart, and loaded with snark.

What I liked the Least? And while I get that Adam is the alpha – I hate his bosiness & I despise Samuel’s attitude about Mercy being the perfect mother for his kids.

Review: Life is normal for our newest heroine until she witnesses a brutal attack on Mac the kid she hired to help out at her garage. Using her brains she best the attackers, gets Mac settled in with the local were pack and then Adam is badly injured in an attack at his house and his daughter is taken. Now the race is on to find the missing girl and save the day.

I’ve heard complaints about the world building (modern) – my answer to that it is the modern world just populated with magical beings – but hey that’s what gives it the heading URBAN FANTASY. If you don’t like today mixed with mystical don’t read the stuff. Jeepers. This book is a perfect start to a new Urban Fantasy series.

But I will say my only “complaint” and it’s not really a complaint – based on the cover I would have expected a few hot sex scenes and some raunch (complaint lol) & this book has NONE!!! Not even the run of the mill cussing that has become so popular in even teen books. Thank you sooooo much for proving you can write that much and NOT cuss every other word.

Recommended to: to all urban fantasy fans out there

Best Quote: “Just remember, I’ve been known to believe as many as six impossible things before breakfast.” His mouth quirked up. “Lewis Carroll.”

No comments :

Post a Comment