Ceremony In Death

Book:
JD Robb
Romantic Suspense
Berkley / 1997
Paperback / 310 Pages
Series In Death #5

Even in an age of cutting-edge technology, old beliefs die hard…

Conducting a top secret investigation into the death of a fellow police officer has Lieutenant Eve Dallas treading on dangerous ground. She must put professional ethics personal loyalties. But when a dead body is placed outside her home, Eve takes the warning personally. With her husband, Roarke, watching her every move, Eve is drawn into the most dangerous case of her career. Every step she takes makes her question her own beliefs of right and wrong - and brings her closer to a confrontation with humanity's most seductive form of evil...


I picked this book up because Series

What I liked the Most? Holy bloody hell – the whole dang book

What I liked the Least? Even in the future – wow

Review: For the record this book is not exactly a mystery. You know the who-did-it almost from start of the book – but this information did not take any of the enjoyment away for me.

I love a strong, independent, sensible character like Eve Dallas – I love the fact that she is so veryvery opposite of Roarke, and yet they make it work, and work well. Peabody is elevating into an interesting character and has quite an advance knowledge base and much softer side! Feeney and Eve's friendship is pushed beyond the breaking point. Just when I think my love for Roarke can't get any bigger, he goes and does something amazing, again. I liked the witch (white v. black) business. And don’t forget the introduction of Jamie, you’ll see him again!

Recommended to: Anyone

Best Quote: "Eve: "Was that like a cookie?"
Roarke: "Hmmm?"
Eve: "You know, have a cookie. You'll feel better. Were you making me feel better?"
Roarke: "I certainly hope so, it worked for me. I wanted you. I always do."
Eve: "It's funny how men can wake up with their brains in their cocks."
Roarke: "It makes us what we are. Let's take a shower. I'll give you another cookie." (Inside joke with a lot of my friends so when I read this section I literally pulled a Peanut!)

No comments :

Post a Comment