Book:Immortal In Death

JD Robb
Romantic Suspense
Berkley / 1996
Paperback / 296 Pages
Series In Death #3


It is 2058, New York City. Lieutenant Eve Dallas uncovers a world where technology can create beauty and youth, but passion and greed can destroy them.

She was one of the most sought-after women in the world. A top model who would stop at nothing to get what she wanted -even another woman's man. And now she's dead, the victim of a brutal murder.

Police lieutenant Eve Dallas puts her life on the line to take the case when suspicion falls on her best friend, the other woman in the fatal love triangle. Beneath the facade of glamor, Eve finds that the world of high fashion thrives on an all-consuming obsession with youth and fame-one that leads her from the lights of the runway to the dark underworld of New York City, where drugs can fulfill any desire, for a price.


I picked this book up because Series

What I liked the Most? The relationship between Eve & Mavis – this is a sweet connection

What I liked the Least? Wow – nothing!!!

Review: Awesome read! I'm loving this series more and more with each book.

Eve's past really tore at me, but it was handled well – not stellar but still very well. Next, I want to learn more about Roarke's past, though.

Eve’s personal growth is a driving part of these books and really makes you feel connected to her and the reaction to Mavis' situation was so perfect. Personally I loved it when she sums up her views on marrying Roarke, it’s classic Eve.

And speaking of connections – I love the snarky byplay between Eve and Summerset, but I'm glad he's finally seeing her for who she really is. The backstory (pay attention folks it comes back to haunt you) Roarke shared about his daughter broke my heart.

Recommended to: Someone looking for a good mix of romance, sex and mystery

Best Quote: "I love you. Sometimes it makes my stomach hurt, but I kind of like it. Tired now, come to bed. Love you."

No comments :

Post a Comment