Book: The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook



Dinah Bucholz
Cook Book
Adams Media / 2010
Hard Back / 256 Pages

Bangers and mash with Harry, Ron, and Hermione in the Hogwarts dining hall.
A proper cuppa tea and rock cakes in Hagrid's hut.
Cauldron cakes and pumpkin juice on the Hogwarts Express.
With this cookbook, dining a la Hogwarts is as easy as Banoffi Pie! With more than 150 easy-to-make recipes, tips, and techniques, you can indulge in spellbindingly delicious meals drawn straight from the pages of your favorite Potter stories, such as:
  • Treacle Tart--Harry's favorite dessert
  • Molly's Meat Pies--Mrs. Weasley's classic dish
  • Kreacher's French Onion Soup
  • Pumpkin Pasties--a staple on the Hogwarts Express cart

With a dash of magic and a drop of creativity, you'll conjure up the entr?es, desserts, snacks, and drinks you need to transform ordinary Muggle meals into magickal culinary masterpieces, sure make even Mrs. Weasley proud!


I picked this book up because It looked fun and I wanted to try some of the recipes
What I liked the Most? I enjoyed the tie in

What I liked the Least? No pictures & the organization

Review: I can't decide if this book is fantastic or terrible! It has garnered mixed reviews in our house and I’m sure it is neither, but it sure is fun.

Several recipes are things that I would either pass or alter – Sheep blood soup or Haggis anyone? I'll pass.

Recommended to: Fans only

Best Recipe: Triple Power Icy Lemon Pops – I loved these this summer.

No comments :

Post a Comment