Beautiful Creatures


Book: Beautiful Creatures

Kami Garcia / Margaret Stohl
Young Adult
Little, Brown Books / 2009
Hard Cover / 563 Pages
Series Caster Chronicles #1

Lena Duchannes is unlike anyone the small Southern town of Gatlin has ever seen, and she's struggling to conceal her power, and a curse that has haunted her family for generations. But even within the overgrown gardens, murky swamps and crumbling graveyards of the forgotten South, a secret cannot stay hidden forever.
Ethan Wate, who has been counting the months until he can escape from Gatlin, is haunted by dreams of a beautiful girl he has never met. When Lena moves into the town's oldest and most infamous plantation, Ethan is inexplicably drawn to her and determined to uncover the connection between them.
In a town with no surprises, one secret could change everything.


I picked this book up because Looked interesting
What I liked the Most? I love the Caster concept

What I liked the Least? The lead (a boy) was too femme for my taste

Review: Well this book has problems, it has good points, it is twisted. I love the whole Caster concept – with all the different types of powers that run through the family. I love all the different characters individually but I must say my favorites are Ridley & Macon, no matter what the out come was.

It’s told from Ethan’s POV but that’s awkward because he’s way too femme for my personal taste, but of course some people are going to adore how “in touch with his feminine side” he is. To me he’s a Mary Sue, totally & completely MS.

I think an editor should have cut this book down (a lot) & should have been able to catch more (read all) of the uh-oh moments. But I’ll read the sequel any ways cause I’m a glutton like that.

Recommended to: Hmmm, any one who wants to take the time to unravel it

Best Quote: “You're incredibly, absolutely, extremely, supremely, unbelievably different.”

No comments :

Post a Comment