Book: I Am Number Four




Pittacus Lore
Young Adult
Harper Colllins / 2010
Hard Back / 440 Pages
Series Lorien Legacies #1

In the beginning they were a group of nine. Nine aliens who left their home planet of Lorien when it fell under attack by the evil Mogadorian. Nine aliens who scattered on Earth. Nine aliens who look like ordinary teenagers living ordinary lives, but who have extraordinary, paranormal skills. Nine aliens who might be sitting next to you now.

The Nine had to separate and go into hiding. The Mogadorian caught Number One in Malaysia, Number Two in England, and Number Three in Kenya. All of them were killed. John Smith, of Paradise, Ohio, is Number Four. He knows that he is next.

I Am Number Four is the thrilling launch of a series about an exceptional group of teens as they struggle to outrun their past, discover their future—and live a normal life on Earth.

I AM NUMBER FOUR.
I AM NEXT.


I picked this book up because I enjoyed the movie

What I liked the Most? The differences from the book to the movie

What I liked the Least? The sappy love story

Review: I end up reading a lot of books that are outside of my demographic. Sometimes they are good sometimes eh and sometimes they suck. This book fell in the eh category, but it has potential.

Yes it is a retelling of a story we have seen before, but really so many stories are now a days it is not even funny. Yes it is a repetitive and yes it was predictable, but it was written for teens to get them to read. This is not a bad thing.

I must say if I ignored the romance I was much happier with the book.

Recommended to: Fans of teen fiction

Best Quote: “When you have lost hope, you have lost everything. And when you think all is lost, when all is dire and bleak, there is always hope.”

1 comment :

  1. Pittacus Lore unfolded this story piece by calculated piece and he hit the nail on the proverbial head each and every time. I don't want to infringe on that but I intend to read more of the Lorien Legacy series in the future and more of Lore's work in general. With amazing writing that brought tears to my eyes (thanks a lot Lore!) and laughter as well, Lore will have you wanting to read more, more, more. He's already got me on his science fiction band wagon and I'm sure when you read this one.

    ReplyDelete