Book: Pleasures of the Night




Sylvia Day
Erotic
Avon Red / 2007
Mass Market / 304 Pages
Series Dream Guardians #1

In the Twilight between sleep and consciousness, a battle rages between Dream Guardians and Nightmares. Captain Aidan Cross is a legend, as skilled in fulfilling erotic dreams as he is with the glaive that kills his enemy. Women see Aidan as part of their fantasies...except Lyssa Bates. Exquisite, desirable, enigmatic Lyssa perplexes this immortal seducer because she sees him as he really is. And as he attempts to unravel her secrets the unthinkable occurs: Aidan Cross falls in love.
Lyssa has been having the most incredible dreams about a man whose blue eyes hold the promise of decadent pleasures and tempting intimacies. And then he appears on her doorstep! This intoxicating stranger is just as irresistible as the man of her dreams... but with her surrender there is also grave danger...
Because Aidan is on a mission, and the passion that consumes them body and soul could have dire consequences. Loving the mortal woman prophesied to destroy Aidan's world is not only impossible... it is forbidden...


I picked this book up because This was an accidental pick up – I thought I was getting Night Pleasures by Sherrilyn Kenyon – I forgot who wrote the book. LOL.
What I liked the Most? OMG the sex scenes were hot!!!!

What I liked the Least? The way Chad was treated

Review: Yes it is a bit choppy but I enjoyed the read. It was quite graphic sexually so if you have any problems reading M/F scenes do not read this book. I adored the concept of the Guardian falling in love with a Dreamer, but it does kinda remind me of the Bodyguard and countless other stories about the “forbidden love”.

The characters are a little bland, but they do have the potential to get spicey and the book is a total cliffhanger. All in all it was a good read for a pick up mistake.

Recommended to: I would not recommend this book to those faint of heart about erotica because it is quite graphic.

Best Quote: “In my dream, this is our home,” he said softly, his gaze moving across her like a tactile caress. “We wake up early every morning so we have time to make love. Slowly. My body covering yours, pushing deep inside yours, as if we have all the time in the world. We part reluctantly, kissing each other good-bye before leaving for work. We think about each other all day, and wait impatiently to be together again at night. We take vacations to private beaches where I watch you play in the surf, laughing, your skin a golden tan. I strip you there on a blanket. Push your suit aside and sink my cock into you. Ride you until you can’t take any more. Then I carry you inside and take you again. We share meals together, trials together, life together.”

No comments :

Post a Comment