Day 11: the worst advice you’ve ever heard, or ever been given

The worst advice I ever got was, "be nice to family". I don't know about other families but I have some true grass snakes in mine. I've tried and tried to let by gones be by gones, but no more. I am ignoring the family that hurts me, and cherishing those that are there for me. After all, that is truly all that I can do at this point.

Close on the heels of "be nice to family" is "you should accept the fact that he is trying to change & support him" from the family counselor with the drug & alcohol rehab during the last year with EE. I was supposed to just accept on face value that he was trying to change, while he was free to continue using drugs & alcohol & screwing every brain dead bint in a skirt. Because when I said "past experience has lead me to be untrusting of his declarations of change" the counselor jumped all over me and said I was being unsupportive. Oops.

No comments :

Post a Comment