Book: Marked




Kim Richardson
Young Adult
Create Space / 2011
Mass Market / 290 Pages
Series Soul Guardians #1

Sixteen year-old Kara Nightingale’s ordinary life is suddenly turned upside-down when she dies in a freak accident, and she wakes up in a strange new world with a new career—as a rookie for the Guardian Angel Legion. Kara hurtles towards dangerous missions with the help of her Petty Officer and friend, David.

But when she discovers a Mark on her leg, the entire Legion accuses her of being a Demon spy. Angels are dying, and David begins to pull away from her. Can Kara prove her innocence as she becomes the Legion’s only hope?

It’s going to take a miracle to save the Legion, and Kara’s luck has just run out.


I picked this book up because Kindle freebie

What I liked the Most? Kara (while still a bit of a MS) is really cool most times

What I liked the Least? What is up with the monkeys!

Review: YAY! This book is a bit different than the biggest majority YA out right now. Kara has a back bone and kicks butt! I’m so fed up with the whole “my boyfriend left me let me throw myself off a cliff” or “I’m just a girl can you do it all?” My only complaint about this book is the hurry up/wait concept. OMG, the pacing is like drag drag drag – WTF did I just read? I love the whole elemental/angel/mom twisty at the end.

Recommended to: Fans of Angel fiction

Best Quote: “Whoa – this is the biggest feeling of déjà vu I’ve ever had!”

No comments :

Post a Comment