Movie: Fantastic 4


Director: Tim Story
Actors: Julian McMahon, Ioan Gruffudd, Jessica Alba, Chris Evans
MPAA rating: PG 13
Running time: 106 mins
Tagline: 4 times the action. 4 times the adventure. 4 times the fantastic.

Reed Richards, a brilliant but timid and bankrupt scientist, is convinced that evolution can be triggered by clouds of cosmic energy, and has calculated that Earth is going to pass one of these clouds soon. Together with his friend and partner, the gruff yet gentle astronaut muscle-man Ben Grimm, Reed convinces his conceited MIT classmate Dr. Victor Von Doom, now CEO of his own enterprise, to allow him access to his privately-owned space station. Von Doom agrees in exchange for control over the experiment and a majority of the profits from whatever benefits it brings. He thus brings aboard Susan Storm, his shy, though assertive chief genetics researcher and a former lover of Reed's with whom she had an acrimonious break-up, and her diametrically opposed brother Johnny, the maverick and hot-headed playboy pilot. The astronauts make it home intact; however, before long they begin to mutate.


I picked this movie because it was in EE’s box – plus gotta say I love Julian McMahon

What I liked the Most? Johnny Storm can light up my life any day!

What I liked the Least? Reed’s stupidity amazes me

Review: I’m so glad I’m not a comic book freak because I loved this movie. It was fun, extremely well put together & best of all – did not take itself seriously! And that is the biggest plus in my book. Evans rocks as the bad boy Johnny Storm! He leaves and breathes over the top thrill seeker lol, he was a complete natural. The Thing made you feel his pain & sense of loneliness but didn’t wallow in it. Jessica Alba could have done better. And Julian McMahon as Doom – perfect, I don’t think he’s done anything better since the Balthzaar. He is the perfect bad guy!!

Stan Lee is the mail man in Reed’s building.

Recommended to: Fans of adventure/superhero movies

Best Quote: Hey, now, being different isn’t always a bad thing.

No comments :

Post a Comment