Movie: Footloose (remake)


Director: Craig Brewer
Actors: Kenny Wormald, Julianne Hough & Dennis Quaid
MPAA rating: PG 13
Running time: 113 mins
Tagline: This is our time

City kid Ren MacCormack moves to a small town where rock 'n' roll and dancing have been banned, and his rebellious spirit shakes up the populace.

I picked this movie because I love dancing movies

What I liked the Most? All the different dance styles

What I liked the Least? Oh – so many things: the angry dance, Willard, PD’s slut factor

Review: Yes it’s tragic that a car load of kids got themselves killed, but HELLO it was the booze not the dancing. I agree with the curfew & banning underage drinking, but I still don’t understand why they banned dancing (didn’t the first time around either lol). The plot is laughable cheese of the first degree, but amazingly manages to pull out drama. Well, there's never really a scene that moves past shallow, but there are moments where there appear to be real emotions

Recommended to: Someone not afraid of remakes

Best Quote: You can stick a quarter in that girl's backpocket and tell whether or not it's heads or tails.

No comments :

Post a Comment