Joyful Noise

Movie: Joyful Noise

Director: Todd Graff
Actors: Dolly Parton, Queen Latifah, Keke Palmer
MPAA rating: PG13
Running time: 118 mins
Tagline: Dream a whole lot louder

"Joyful Noise" is the story of a small town choir out to win a national competition despite overwhelming odds. A story of faith and determination by the choir leaders (Queen Latifah and Dolly Parton) and the young talent who give their all to win God's praise and beat the competition for the grand prize.

I picked this movie because Mom recommended it

What I liked the Most? Jeremy Jordan – from his entrance to taking off his shirt to his amazing voice

What I liked the Least? This movie bit off too many problems to handle (poor economy, marriage struggles, death, teenage angst, love)

Review: I enjoyed the majority of the movie, but felt that it got really preachy at times with Queen Latifah leading the charge and I found that to be too ironic for words. However I enjoyed the rest of the movie and found Dolly (a little stiff) but enjoyable no matter what.

Recommended to: Anyone who loves musical type movies

Best Quote: Who cares if I've had a few little nips and tucks? God didn't make plastic surgeons so they could starve!

No comments :

Post a Comment