Living Space



Kathryn Weber
Home Improvement
Tribune Media Services / December 2012
Kindle / 131 Pages

Our homes should not only look good but make us feel good just being there. In her brightly written “Living Space: Simple Steps to Transform Your Home,” author Kathryn Weber offers ways to reinvigorate and rejuvenate our lives with innovative home ideas that are budget-friendly and easy to create. Maybe it’s something as simple as putting new pulls on kitchen cabinets, rearranging armchairs or painting a powder-room ceiling in an unusual color. Or it could be trying something new, such as banquette seating in the dining room, a red tablecloth and cast-iron cookware. The book is filled with simple design and décor recommendations for all major rooms of the house, as well as a section on special spaces, including media rooms, porches, hallways, home gyms or even a wine cellar and home massage room. Ever hear of a “keeping room”? You will now. Living Space is an inviting guide to transform your home into the house you’ll love.


I picked this book up because Review Copy

What I liked the Most? The chapter on kitchens was especially useful

What I liked the Least? The keeping room

Review: I must say that there were parts of this book that I loved & parts that I honestly went HUH? on. For the most part the ideas are sound, truly they are, however if you look at the pictures it is very clear that everything is geared towards a largish home and not very pratical for small space living.

Now don't get me wrong, I adored the section on installing your own backsplash (complete with instructions) and how to spruce up the kitchen, but the keeping room & the living area just way out of my league.

Recommended to: People who have larger living spaces than I do :)

No comments :

Post a Comment