Monthly Check In

I saw this format over on Effy Wild's blog and thought OMG that is bloody perfect. Perfectly perfect! I've been looking/trying to figure out how to check in with myself at least on a monthly basis. So I asked if I could use her format on my blog & she said yes. Yay!


So these are your check points: Earth, Air, Water & Fire (directly from Effy) but I'm adding Spirit because I need to get back in touch with my witchy side.


In the realm of Earth: My body. How is my physical body? How are my health & energy levels? My business, work, service to my tribe; how well am I receiving? How are things flowing? Am I feeling abundant? Growthful?


In the realm of Air: My mind. What am I feeding it? How are my anxiety levels? What's interesting to me? Exciting to me? What am I learning? Researching? What ideas or insights are coming up for me?


In the realm of Water: My heart. How am I feeling? How are my relationships going? What's happening in my underbelly, my subconscious? What's bubbling up? What dreams are coming into my conscious awareness? Are my waters calm or troubled?


In the realm of Fire: My passion. What am I passionate about right now? What has me shaking with fury? With desire? Am I fueling my physical need for connection?


In the realm of Spirit: My spirit. Have I been connecting to my witchy side? Am I allowing spirit to fill me on a daily basis? Am I turning off the physical connection to the world & letting my spiritual connection connect?




In The Realm Of Earth


I started the month off trying to eat a little healthier and to finally get some actual rhythm going with my sleep/wake/work cycle. Of course, this only happens one day in five, but hey, you do whatcha gotta do, right?

My physical body is not in a good place right now, I mean I still love me, but I have got to get some of this weight off. It is just not good - not at all. My energy levels are below dirt level right now.

As to my tribe, I think that is one area I am doing remarkably well. I have been able to have a lunch date with the SS, shopping with my Mom & Sister, LM playdate, BF cuddles, and Daddy-O & I have been having nightly jabberfests.




In The Realm Of Air


Well I set my iPod up with playlists & it really does seem to help me get moving when I wake up. Full of bright happy music makes for a brighter happier me.

I fed my mind a LOT of art this month & somehow convinced myself that I can do it. And you know what - a lot of the stuff I've been posting is pretty good. Not perfect, I never strive for perfection, just a general good enough. And I feel like I am finally getting to the point where I can do it.

I honestly can't pick one thing that I've researched this month, I am a Google Queen. If I have a question about something I jump in with both feet & trust my wings to get me out of hot water if I need to.

In The Realm Of Water


My heart has taken some beatings this month and except my immediate family, BF & Shining Star, I've backed off of all my other relationships. It feels like I'm just getting set up for failure. I still post on Facebook & respond if someone says something to me, but it's just blah. I use FB as my daily journal, it's how I figure out what I've done the past week (or more) and some people just don't seem to understand that it's mine. I can use it however I want to.

My subconscious must be hungry because I keep dreaming about eating and I don't know why, but it's fueling a terrible need in my heart. I keep trying to fill that void with stuff (comments on my art, pictures, hauls, whatever) or begging my BF, Mom, Dad to show me that what ever I'm working on is good. And if they don't respond in the way I want them too - it just crumples my spirit.

In The Realm of Fire


My passion is art right now. I have immersed myself into art journalling full time. I spend hours every night either painting or cutting or gluing or speckling. I'm designing pages in my head.

In the Realm of Spirit

I am connecting to my witchy side now since I started my Witch in the Wild journal.

Intentions for April:

In the realm of Earth: Continuing to eat healthier & try to move more. I'm getting a little to settled into my rut & need to break free a bit. I need to grab my yoga mat and really stretch out. That's the only way I'm gonna loose the weight.

In the realm of Air: I need to pick up my reading habit and expand it beyond the Debora Geary series on repeat. :) I need to start picking up a pen and writing my thoughts out. I go through phases of doing this, but it really needs to become a true daily event.

In the realm of Water: I need to investigate the echos of the path that are coming up right now. I need to look them dead in the eye and banish them once and for all.

In the realm of Fire: Continuing my art projects :) and maybe reconnecting with my boyfriend

In the realm of Spirit: This month I will create a true "morning" ritual and stick to it.

No comments :

Post a Comment