Movie: Into the Woods


Director: Rob Marshal

Actors: Anna Kendrick, Meryl Streep, Chris Pine

MPAA rating: PG

Running time: 125 minutes



A witch tasks a childless baker and his wife with procuring magical items from classic fairy tales to reverse the curse put on their family tree.





I picked this movie because: well I wanted to watch it because hello Johnny Depp & amazeballs, but my sister actually picked it out

What I liked the Most? Can I say everything? Because seriously the whole freaking movie was arghhhhh!! I loved it! But if I can only pick one thing - Agony!

What I liked the Least? hehe - someone could have told the rest of them it was a musical

Review: Okay, well evidently no one in my viewing party knew that this was a play first, and a musical to boot. This is cinematic version of the play (with some changes) so by that thought pattern it is not some animated Disney movie. I think that's what my family was expecting. I on the other hand knew that it was a musical play first (Thanks Gilmore Girls lol)

For an adaption of the play it is truly breath taking - the cast was stunning, the music amazing, and the scenery is over the top impressive.

All in all it was a magical afternoon for me.

Recommended to: fans of the absurd

Best Quote: It's the last midnight, it's the last wish, it's the last midnight soon it will be boom squish.

No comments :

Post a Comment