Do you care about your ethnicity?

While it may not be exactly politically correct, the short answer is yes.

I am proud of the person that I am - white, cisgendered, bisexual, pansexual, fat, witch, southern, you get the picture. I care deeply about the families that came together to produce me and I am extremely proud of the countries that my family immigrated from.

Now that being said, I am not proud of the way that the label ETHNICITY has some how (or maybe it always was and because I grew up in the area I did I just didn't see it) become some a fucking trigger point for damn near everyone on the face of the planet. I despise the fact that there is evidently some rallying cry out there that automatically labels me a lesser because I am white, and yeah there is, but that is not the point of this post.

If I can't be proud of who I am - BIOLOGICALLY - because it offends some unspecified "other person" then that means that "other person" is being racially motivated against my biological make up. And while I hear the whole "you can't be racist against a white person" I am here to tell you, DAMN STRAIGHT you can be.

I am not saying that I want a White Lives Matter campaign, just as I am not wanting a cisgendered heterosexual parade or pride day.  Nor am I looking for someone to tell me that I matter (because I do no matter what anyone else says). I am saying that my pride in my ethnicity should not deter from your pride in your ethnicity, it is who we are at the core of our beings that should matter the most.


No comments :

Post a Comment