Five most influential books over your lifetime.

These are in no particular order:

The Outsiders by SE Hinton
I was totally blown away by the simplistic yet beautiful story of how youth is so easily lost in the world today. It is an telling in 2016 as it was when I read it as a child.

Charlotte's Web by EB White
The first time I read this book I think I spent a week crying at the end of it, but it does have some truly wondermous lessons.

Harry Potter (series) by JK Rowling
I don't know of anyone who has read this series and not fallen in love with the characters that Ms Rowling created, but for me, it was the Sorcerer's Stone that I keep going back to when ever I have a bad day. The simple friendship that is woven between the lost child, the forgotten child and the brainiac always makes me feel better.

Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
Truly a mesmerizing tale full of twists and turns, but I do wonder if everyone was doing acid.

Almost every other book that I've ever read.
I know that's a bit of a cop out, but it's true. I have been an avid reader since I was young. I devoured Dr Seuss, Trixie Beldon, Nancy Drew and a whole host of non fiction - Diary of a Young Girl, Horsetopia, Joan of Ark tale - simply name it and I have probably read something on the subject. When anything triggers a thought in my life, I will truly devour any written word on the subject - Greek Mythology, the volcano of Pompeii, Bi Polar Disorder, BDSM, DDlg. The subjects/topics/genre I read are legendary.

No comments :

Post a Comment