Movie:Across The Universe


Directed by Julie Taymor
Actors Evan Rachel Wood, Jim Sturgess and Joe Anderson
MPAA rating: PG-13
Running time: 133 minutes
Tagline: Within the lyrics of the world's most famous songs, lives a story that has never been told. Until now.

The music of the Beatles and the Vietnam War form the backdrop for the romance between an upper-class American girl and a poor Liverpudlian artist.


I picked this movie because Someone bought it for me

What I liked the Most? Wow – I seriously can’t pick one thing

What I liked the Least? The bounce

Review: Keep an open mind!!!

I loved it – I was way moved by the music and the characters and the storyline, granted I didn’t love the bouncing (that got confusing) but I LOVED everything else.

It's very hard to describe, because I wouldn't classify it as a traditional musical. It's not set up so that there's a scene, then a song, then a scene again; everything just flows seamlessly. Wonderful acting from all of the cast,

Recommended to: Everyone/Anyone

Best Quote: I'm a cross-dressing homosexual pacifist with a spot on my lung.

No comments :

Post a Comment